Pelvic, Breast & Women’s Health Physiotherapy
Pelvic Health Physio aims to empower women to gain freedom from their pelvic health problems and/or concerns, which often are preventing them from living the life they wish to live.
We provide expert assessment and specialist treatment for a variety of pelvic health conditions. We are also proud to offer specialist assessment and rehabilitation for women who have recently had a baby (Mummy MOT) or had recent gynaecological surgery.
Individualised, highly specialist physiotherapy treatments are offered for a variety of pelvic health and pelvic floor conditions including:
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Overactive Pelvic Floor Muscles
- Diastasis Rectus Abdominis (tummy gap)
- Bladder problems such as leaking urine and/or urgency
- Bowel problems such as faecal incontinence, difficulty emptying bowels/constipation
- Chronic Pelvic Pain conditions
- Coccyx pain
- Dyspareunia/Vaginismus (painful intercourse)
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse
Breast Cancer and its treatments create several common problems. Breast cancer surgery has very specific effects on the physicality of a patient which is why a physiotherapist specialising in this area is crucial. Some of the symptom’s physiotherapy can help with in this area include:
- Reduced movement in the shoulder
- Stiffness or tight areas of the body following surgery and/or radiotherapy
- Stiff, tight or painful scars following surgery
- Deconditioning or loss of muscle strength
- Difficulties returning to function i.e. actives of daily living, hobbies, physical activity, sport or work
- Soft tissue tightness in the armpit, known as cording and/or axillary web syndrome
This service is suitable for patients who have had breast and/or axilla (armpit) surgery performed as part of their cancer treatment. This includes mastectomies, mammoplasty (lumpectomies), reconstructive surgery, axillary node clearance and sentinel lymph node biopsies.
We understand the highly sensitive nature of many of the conditions we treat and pride ourselves in our ability to put patient’s at ease allowing them to talk about their concerns in an open way. All our clinic rooms are private, and all information is kept as strictly confidential.
How to Book a Session
To contact Pelvic Health Physio please call 07919 053 843, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.pelvichealth-physio.com
Cancellation of a Session
Please try to give 24 hours notice if you are unable to attend any appointment. Failure to do so may result in appointments being billed directly to yourself unless we are able to fill your vacancy. Discretion may be exercised on a case by case basis. We strive to provide a quality service within a relaxed and caring atmosphere. If however you have any queries or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us.